Friday, December 28, 2012

2 months old!

Stella and Lucia celebrated their 2 month birthday yesterday!  We had a nice relaxing day to play with our new presents and take a nice nap. Talia and I did another photo shoot--it is not very easy to photograph them at the same time...but it is very funny!

                                           here's Lulu-


                                           here's Stella-


                                 we've been calling them "twisters"-twin sisters!



We had our 2 month doctor appts. today.  Stella weighs 7 pounds, 5 ounces and Lucia weighs 6 pounds, 10 ounces.  Both girls are gaining weight nicely, but Dr. Chen wanted to see Lulu gaining a bit more rapidly, so she moved her up to 24 calories too.  (I need to add "preemie protein"-which adds calories-to my breast milk.)  I was a little disappointed as I wanted her to tell me that I didn't have to fortify anymore and that I can solely nurse, but that was not the case this month.  We'll see her again at 3 months and we will go from there.  I also need to see a pediatric dermatologist for Stella, as her birthmark on her forehead is getting bigger.  Dr. Chen said that it would probably get worse before it gets better. :(  Both girls got 3 shots, but handled them very well.  They have been fairly crabby, so we have been giving them tylenol.  Poor babies!


At 2 months, the girls are officially out of preemie clothes and into newborn clothing.  They are on the same schedule for the most part, which has been very nice. They have more periods of being alert and awake.  They only cry when they wake up and want to eat, or when they vomit out of their nose because of their reflux. :(  Otherwise, they are the sweetest and happiest babies.  I am very lucky!





                                       Talia, Giana, Stella and Lulu's feet!

No comments:

Post a Comment