Saturday, October 26, 2013

Happy First Birthday, Stella and Lucia!

Happy 1st birthday, Stella and Lucia!!!  What an amazing year it has been!  We had a wonderful party at the Carousel Room, which is a part of the Elk Grove Park District.  Thank you to everyone who was able to make it for the party.  Here are a few pics, taken by our wonderful photographer, Rachel:

the delicious cake from Deerfield's Bakery

Lovely Lulu

Lulu has the biggest, most beautiful eyes


sweet Stella

Stella is ready for cake!


Lulu and Stella are ready to party


Costume change: now they are wearing their new shirts: Bring on the Cake....and the ice cream



and their names on the back of their shirts--so cute!

Lulu wonders what this is...


Stella likes it  (for now)



 Stella likes to ride on the carousel



Lulu likes it too!


Giana is so happy to ride!

love this pic of Talia

Family pics


I posted this on Facebook, but wanted to make sure that I posted here as well:
So I had this whole "speech" planned today at the twins b-day party...but b/c I got so overwhelmed just before singing "happy birthday", I never shared my thoughts. And since I've never been shy about sharing my thoughts, here is what I wanted to say: Someone at school this week asked me how the twins were and I responded that they were doing well and that they were turning one on Saturday. She asked if we were doing anything special, and I shared our plans for their big bday bash. She said "I just don't understand why parents go all out for the first bday, its not as if the kids are going to remember it." Which then got me to thinking...this is not just a celebration for the twins. It's more than that. It's a time for all of us to celebrate all that they and we have been through. It's truly a time to celebrate how much they have and we have grown this year. We have all not only survived, but thrived! There is an old saying that I'm sure many of you have heard: "It take a village to raise a child". As I look around today, I am overwhelmed by my village. Each and everyone of you here have been so amazing to me and all 4 of my girls this past year. When I first announced that I was carrying twins in a rare and very high risk pregnancy, I felt an overwhelming pouring out of love and concern...which has continued all year. Whether you checked in after a doctor appt. during my crazy pregnancy, came to the hospital when the twins were born, visited during the 3-4 weeks that they were in the hospital, came to visit once they were home, sent a gift, brought clothes, brought diapers, made a dinner for us, invited us over for dinner at your house, came over so that I could pee, came over so that I could shower, came over to fold laundry, held a baby, fed a baby, changed a diaper, got puked on by a baby, watched a baby while I took the other one to a doctor appointment, helped drive one of the big girls to/from school or an after school activity, took a big girl for a playdate, took the big girls for a sleep over, listened, laughed, cried, prayed...I AM SO THANKFUL!!! My village is AMAZING and I am truly blessed. Thank you all for being such an important part of our life to help us along our journey. WE LOVE YOU ALL!!! XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment