Thursday, April 16, 2009

The Big O!


So guess where I went this morning??? I am lucky enough to be friends with Erin, who got 4 tickets to see OPRAH! I have been so excited for weeks! While getting there is not easy--I woke up at 3:45 to get myseslf beautiful and we were in line outside Harpo studios at 6:30 am, and while we didn't get to see Tom Cruise jumping on the couch (or any other celebrity for that matter), it was AWESOME! Don't get me wrong, you do wait forever before going into the small studio--it honetly looks so much bigger on TV--but it was fun to meet new people and people watch all of the different types of gals that come to the Oprah show. Some of the cast members of Mary Poppins were audience members and they did some dancing and even sang "Super Calla Fraga Listic Expi Alla Dotious" for us. Very fun! I wish that it was a better show--we saw Heroes during Hard Times (no air date yet) and it was about average people doing above average things for other people. We had to bring in a new pack of sheets for one of the organizations who gets sheets donated from hotels for families in need. That's right, we had to bring something to Oprah! Oh well...we did get a free years subscription to People magazine, so that was cool. It was great to see Oprah, although she kind of gets pushed around on stage by the producers. She wore a light green top and jeans. She was cute and would share stories during commercials, like one where she told us that her first car was a maroon Chevy Chevette and she saw one of them in the city a few summers back. She got so excited to see her car that she rolled down her window and said to the driver: "I love your car--that was my first car!" and to her surprise, the driver flicked her off. The driver must have thought that she was making fun of him! Ha Ha! I am exhausted, so I think that I am off to bed! Thanks to Erin for a great morning!


No comments:

Post a Comment