Monday, April 20, 2009

Happy Birthday Talia!


An ABBA song has been playing in my head all day long..."Slipping through my fingers all the time, I try to capture evey minute, the feelings in it..." Each year, Talia's birthday makes me cry. I am so happy that she is getting to be a big girl...I am so sad that she is getting to be a big girl. Within this past month or so leading up to her being 3, we've had some tough times and some not so tough times. I think that it should be the "terrible three's" not "terrible two's!" She has been much more defiant and more independent. She is starting to say "no" and stomp her feet. She is talking back. She is wanting to lose her nap, which makes her really pleasant around dinner time. But then, she wants to help cook. She wants to help change Giana's diaper. She loves to sing and cuddle on the couch. She is "reading" books to Giana. She is saying phrases like "not really", "just a second" and "you're a jokester." She will say "I love you" first. I really work hard to be the best mommy that I can be..to be present and available to her when we are together. To not be distracted with other house things like laundry, cooking, cleaning...just look at my house! I want to play with her every day and never look back and say, I should have... These days go by way too fast...and I hope to enjoy every minute. She is slipping through my fingers every day. Happy Birthday, my big girl! (insert hormonal tears here!)

Anyway...I took the day off from work and we had a great morning with our friends at Jumps and Jiggles in Elk Grove, where we love to ride the Merry-go-round.

Then we headed to Mc Donalds for lunch, play group at our house and then to dinner at Olive Garden--Talia's favorite (next to nuggets and chocolate milk from McDonalds.) Talia loves the pasta, the breadsticks and will even eat salad! We had the waiter and his crew sing "Buona Festa" to her and bring her some ice cream.
She was so excited! It was a busy but fun day!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, i hear you, Henry is another year older and i don't know where the time has gone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for Talia! Do you watch Jon & Kate Plus 8? When they were on Oprah, the sextuplets were 3. Oprah asked if they were happy they were beyond the Terrible 2's. Kate said, "Oh, Oprah - 3 is the new 2!"

    I totally know what you mean about them saying such grown up things! It catches me off-guard sometimes.

    ReplyDelete