Friday, November 2, 2012

Day 7 in ISCU

Today was another good day for the girls!  I am so thankful!

When we walked in, Lulu had been taken off the nasal cannula and was breathing entirely on her own!  The only thing she had on her face was her feeding tube/line down her nose.  I am so proud of her!


Stella's breathing seemed to be a bit fast and labored, but they were able to take her chest tube out at 3 pm, and she was much more comfortable.  Hopefully, she can recover quickly and catch up to her sister.  She was still under the lights to help her jaundice.


Both girls were sucking on pacifiers like champs!  It is such a nice thing to see their little mouths sucking.  I am hoping that means that they will transition nicely to nursing.  (as an aside...pumping 7 to 8 times a day is a lot of work!)


I was asked to change both of their diapers today.  Changing Lulu in her isolette was not easy.  They both have the cutest little bottoms!  I love it!



I also gave Lucia a bottle today.  Both of their feeds were increased to 15 ml every 3 hours. She gave a couple of good sucks and swallows on the bottle, but then was tired and we gave her the rest of the bottle through her nasal feeding tube.


Kenny was thrilled to hold Lucia today too...such a proud and sweet Daddy!


then I got to hold her again...heavenly!

I just love this sweet little face so much!

I hope to be able to hold Stella tomorrow...will keep you posted!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment