Saturday, November 3, 2012

Day 8 in ISCU

Today was another big day, especially for Stella!  We continue to be so thankful for the daily progress that our baby girls are making.

Stella had her chest tube and belly button IV out, and her jaundice had gone down enough that she did not need the lights anymore.  And while she was still breathing fast, she seemed so happy and so much more comfortable!

                                              Sweet sleeping Stella

I was finally able to hold her!  I was such a happy mommy!



Kenny was able to hold Lulu at the same time...I just wish Talia and Giana would have been there too...



Both girls increased their feedings to 20 ml (just under an ounce) every 3 hours.  Kenny gave Lucia a bottle again, and she did better today, swallowing about 1/2 of it.  The rest went through her nasal feeding tube.  Stella still gets her feedings through the feeding tube, but they are hoping to start a bottle with her soon as well.


Stella was also stable enough to be moved into an isolette of her own!  Such a big step for my little girl.  I am so proud of her!



Before we left, we switched babies so that Kenny could hold Stella and I held Lucia.  Call me crazy, but I really think that my identical girls look a little different.  I'd like to think that I can tell them apart...the nurses think that once they get a little bigger, that will be more difficult.  We'll see!


                               another sweet pic of Stella--her face is just so cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment